Access To Healthcare
We believe in equal access to healthcare. No North Carolinian should be denied health care. We also believe that science should dictate medical standards, not the NC general assembly. A woman’s health decisions should be between her and her doctor, not her, her doctor and the NCGA. With that philosophy in mind we encourage policy makers to:
- Ensure healthcare coverage for the maximum number of North Carolinians by expanding Medicaid.
- Provide age-appropriate health and sexual education and information for students in K-12 schools.
- Protect and expand access to all reproductive health care.
- Ensure that women are able to access the full range of safe and legal reproductive health care options, including abortion care and birth control, without government or employer intrusion or restriction, and without undue financial hardship.
- Ensure women’s health clinic regulations are based on sound science and medical information rather than political ideology.
- Stop the diversion of health care public funds to support anti-abortion centers (“crisis pregnancy centers”). These centers exist to push an anti-abortion/ anti-choice/ anti-LGBTQ i